Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kini's Jewish Sermon For The Day



Did you ever wonder what Jesus was writing when He was writing on the ground with His finger in vs 6 and 8 of John 8? (G-d gave me insight because that is what He does when one is oppressed with poverty and disgrace.)


Check out Genesis 4:23-24. "Lamech said to his wives:" 'Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; you wives of Lamech, listen to what I say: I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for striking me. If Cain's revenge is sevenfold, then Lamech's is seventy-sevenfold.' Jesus was counting the sins of His fellow townsmen seventy-sevenfold. Eeek! It's a terrible thing to offend the G-d!

Maybe that is why Jesus said, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times" when He was discussing forgiveness in Matthew 18:21-23.

No comments: